Dear Freelancer (or Soon-to-be Freelancer):
In 1979, my first job out of college, I was hired by Westinghouse Defense & Electronics.
My position was a junior staff writer in the marketing communications department.
The pay was a modest $74 a day -- about $9.25 an hour.
But I was happy they hired me.
After all, I was a broke student – with college loans to repay.
And in those days, monthly rent for a one-bedroom garden apartment where I lived -- Glen Burnie, Maryland -- was just $200 a month.
Very affordable, even on my slim salary.
Anyway, after only a few weeks on the job, an interesting writing project came up.
It was a major brochure on a new radar system.
Naturally, I asked my boss to let me write it.
"You’re too green," he told me – although he used kinder words.
Instead, he called in a freelancer writer – John -- whom I instantly disliked.
The guy did, in my opinion, an extremely mediocre job.
His copy, to put it kindly, was at best second-rate.
Yet amazingly, the product manager seemed reasonably satisfied.
The job took John 3 days to write.
And at $1,000 a day ... incidentally, almost 14 times more per day than the company was paying me ... he billed us $3,000.
To this day, I believe I could have written a far better brochure than John did.
Even if the copy took me 4 days to write, it would have cost my company only $296 instead of $3,000.
"Hey, how long has this racket been going on?" I said to myself.
If a company was willing to pay a freelancer more than 10X what I was earning for essentially the same work ...
Then I reasoned I could make more money as a freelancer – like John -- than as an employee.
Not too long after that, I quit the corporate world for good … and hung out my shingle as a freelance copywriter.
And I’ve never looked back.
Today, instead of $74 a day, I now earn in excess of $2,500 a day.
The point of my story is this:
Whether you’re a writer – photographer – programmer – Web designer – graphic artist – corporate trainer – systems analyst – business strategist – illustrator -- editor – proofreader – search engine marketing specialist – copywriter – management consultant – technical writer – marketing strategist – project manager --
If you want to make more money ... get more respect ... and have more freedom than you do as an employee ...
Then it’s good to be a freelancer.
There’s only one problem: you can’t learn what you need to know about freelancing in high school -- or even college.
Precious few college programs offer practical, real-world training in how to succeed as a freelancer.
That’s the knowledge my new Freelancing University can give you.
Freelance U distills nearly 3 decades of experience as a freelancer into a fun, informative self-study audio program ...
A portable course in freelancing you can take at home at no risk for a full 3 months.
The next semester of "Bob Bly’s Freelancing University" is about to begin – don’t miss out!
I’m not a professor, academic, or theoretician who teaches the freelance business from a book someone else wrote.
I’m a full-time freelance writer who has made millions of dollars selling his services in the real world.
AT&T, IBM, Forbes, Boardroom, Hyperion, Agora, and other major companies pay me handsomely – over $600,000 a year – to write for them.
In fact, I became a self-made multi-millionaire while I was still in my 30s ... all from freelance writing.
I’ve had more than 70 books published by McGraw-Hill, Prentice Hall, and other big publishing houses – and hundreds of articles in magazines ranging from Amtrak Express to Cosmopolitan.
I tell you this not to brag, but to reassure you that when I give you advice on making a lot of money as a freelancer -- I speak from experience.
I’ve done everything I tell you to do ... spent thousands of dollars and many years testing my freelance business success principles ... to determine what works – and what doesn’t.
Now, I’ve condensed my decades of freelance experience into a compact audio program, Bob Bly’s Freelancing University.
Here’s a preview of the "power freelancing" curriculum you’ll master when you attend my Freelancing University ...
Power Freelancing Lesson #1: Become a Recognized Expert in Your Field
With so much competition in almost every field – from copywriting and book publishing, to magazine writing and graphic design – how do you stand out from the pack?
By building your name as one of the top experts in your niche – whether it’s writing annual reports, designing magalogs, or marketing pharmaceuticals to physicians.
When you’re a recognized guru, clients come to you, instead of you banging on their door looking for work.
In Lesson One of Freelancing University, I show you how to set yourself apart – and blow past your competitors – by rapidly establishing your reputation as an expert in your field, industry, or specialty.
- Why potential clients love gurus ... and will line up around the block to hire you if they perceive you as one.
- The single, simple technique that Dr. Phil, Tony Robbins, Dr. Wayne Dyer, and practically every successful guru on the planet uses to become rich and famous. Now, you can use it, too!
- How to get prestigious associations and clubs – whose members are your potential clients – to feature you as the expert speaker at their next meeting.
- What Oprah Winfrey can teach you about becoming an "instant celebrity" in your own field
- The 2 most important things you need to do on the Internet to quickly spread the word about your expertise in your specialty online.
- How to win over new clients with your knowledge by giving it away to them for free – as crazy as that sounds.
- And everything else you need to become an "instant guru."
After completing the first course module in Freelancing University, you’ll be well on your way to dominating your freelance niche ... and building a name that puts you head and shoulders above all other freelancers.
Power Freelancing Lesson #2: The Super-Productive Freelancer
Dentists have a saying: "Unless you’re drilling and filling, you’re not billing."
Freelance is the same way: you only make money when you’re working.
And the more productive you are, the faster your work ... and the greater your output, the more money you can make.
For instance, if you get $400 to write a press release, and it takes two days, you earn $200 per day.
On the other hand, if you can whip out that press release in an afternoon, and still do a good job, you can two do a day – and earn $800 a day ... 4X more than the slower writer.
But how do you become a fast, efficient, and super-productive freelancer?
In Lesson Two: the Super-Productive Freelancer, I share the personal productivity secrets that have enabled me to write over 70 published books, launch a six-figure Internet business with over 30 Web sites, and earn millions of dollars as a freelance copywriter.
- An easy way to gain one more hour of productive time each day. This one tip alone can increase your annual income more than 10%.
- Why you should never, ever go to the bank ... the post office ... the printer ... the copy shop ... the stationery store ... ever again.
- How to get eager assistants to do your every bidding for $10 to $20 an hour – without hiring a single employee.
- The magic of saying "no" – and how this simple two-letter word can literally give you back your life.
- The 3 "to do" lists every freelancer must keep ... and what to put on each.
- The magic of "hour power." It’s the single most effective way to organize your day to prevent procrastination and maximize your productivity.
- Why sitting on your butt all day can actually make you rich much faster than running around all day.
- How to get more clients than you can handle ... without spending a minute of your time talking to prospects who are thinking of hiring you.
- What Sam Malone from "Cheers" can teach you about being super-productive.
- And so much more.
Power Freelancing Lesson #3: Copywriting Secrets
Next up, a lesson on copywriting, packed with tips – based on my nearly 3 decades of copywriting experience -- on how to write copy better and faster.
If you’re a copywriter, you’ll produce better copy ... delight your clients ... sell more of your client’s products and services ... and increase your income as your writing output soars.
Not a copywriter? You still need copy to create the Web site, articles, and other marketing documents that sell your services.
In lesson 3, you’ll learn how to write your own copy. So you can get more response to your marketing ... increase sales of your services ... and save thousands on copywriting fees.
- The secret of the "big promise" ... and why prospects won’t respond to your promotions without it.
- Rosser Reeve’s "lost" 3-part formula for creating a winning USP: unique selling proposition.
- Michael Masterson’s "4 U’s" formula for writing a winning headline.
- Understanding your prospect’s "core buying complex" with a quick "BDF" analysis.
- Marketers debate whether people buy for logical or emotional reasons. But there’s a third, deeper level that motivates people. Reach it, and you can make more sales.
- The 5-step motivating sequence – and how following this simple outline can make everything you write more persuasive and profitable.
- The "FAB" pyramid of features and benefits ... and how it gives your prospects more reasons to buy from you.
- What a 4-legged stool can teach you about writing powerful promotions.
- And others ....
Power Freelancing Lesson #4: The Secret of My Freelance Success
Michael Masterson, publisher of Early to Rise, conducted a wide-ranging interview with me covering every aspect of my freelance copywriting business.
My education ... my early job experiences in marketing ... making the transition from corporate to freelance life ... how I approach copywriting assignments ... favorite copywriting tips and tricks ... secrets of being a prolific freelance writer ...
How I schedule my writing time ... most difficult writing challenges ... advancing my freelance career through networking and personal contacts ... building royalty income ... advice for beginners ... and more.
Many beginning copywriters have said to me, "I wish I could just be a fly on the wall in your office and observe what you do to make your millions of dollars as a freelance copywriter."
Well, you can’t visit my office – sorry – but listening to this interview in lesson 4 of Freelance University is surely the next best thing.
Power Freelancing Lesson #5: Selling Your Services Online
In this course module, marketing guru Bob Serling and I reveal how you can use the Internet to generate a flood of new business for your freelance services.
- Elements you absolutely must include on the Web site for your freelance business.
- Choosing a memorable domain name ... and why it’s so vital.
- Why every freelancer should publish a free online newsletter ... and how doing so can make you more money.
- How to generate sales leads for your services by offering free content online.
- A simple online promotion that generated 200 leads within 48 hours at virtually zero cost.
- The biggest mistake freelancers make with their Web sites – and how to avoid it.
- How to create a contact page that turns casual site visitors into highly qualified sales leads.
- Quick and easy ways to add thousands of new names to your e-list.
- And many other little-known online service marketing tips.
Who else wants to escape the rat race -- and become a successful six-figure freelancer?
As I mentioned at the beginning of this letter, I have made millions of dollars from my freelance writing.
Naturally, it has provided a very comfortable – and financially secure -- lifestyle for me and my family.
I own – mortgage-free -- an 11-room home worth well over three quarters of a million dollars.
On weekends, we take a short drive to our second home – a 4-bedroom house on a beautiful pristine lake. We go swimming and fishing right off our dock!
I work in jeans and sneakers – no more suit and tie, commuting, project teams, or answering to a boss.
Yes, I get paid very well as a freelancer – earning on average over $12,000 a week.
That means I make more in a month than the average American with a 9-to-5 job makes in a year!
But more important, I do what I want to do – write.
And, I write what I want, when I want to write it.
All this … or whatever freelance success you desire … can be yours, too. And much sooner than you think ...
The Freelancing University you can "attend" at home for less than the price of a single college credit!
I have helped dozens of freelancers take their freelance careers to the next level of success. You’ll find comments from just a sampling of them at left.
Think about this: it costs $100,000 to $200,000 today to get a college education today -- and it takes 4 full years.
When you graduate, unless you’ve majored in a topic like business or engineering, you may not be able to do anything more than apply to graduate school ...
Or get an entry-level job as a wage slave, in a faceless corporation, for a boss you can’t stand, in a job that bores you to tears.
But with Bob Bly’s Freelance University, you can absorb – and profit from – my decades of freelance success.
And it won’t take you 4 years to study with me, because I’ve condensed it all in 5 one-hour audio lessons you can listen to on my 5-CD set – in less than a week -- while driving in the car.
As for tuition, you won’t pay $100,000 or $10,000 or even $1,000 to attend my Freelancing University.
You can get ALL my freelancing secrets in this program for only $97. That’s less than I charge for just 15 minutes of my time.
And that’s what it costs you ONLY if my ideas work for you.
If they don’t, the cost is zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada ...
Try it risk-free for 90 days
That’s right. If, after reviewing Bob Bly’s Freelance University, you don’t agree that my freelance secrets can help you earn thousands of extra dollars in freelance income this year ...
Or you are dissatisfied for any other reason ... or for no reason at all ... just return all the CDs to me (yes, including the bonus CDs – see my P.S. below) within 90 days.
You’ll get a full product refund – no questions asked – an unconditional money-back guarantee of satisfaction you won’t get at your local university or community college.
That way, you risk nothing.
So, what are you waiting for?
In 90 days, you could be no closer to your dream of freelance wealth than you are right now.
Or, you could be on track to make $100,000 ... $200,000 ... even $500,000 a year or more as a successful freelancer in your own field.
It’s entirely up to you.
To order Freelancing University on a 90-day risk-free trial basis, click below now:
P.S. Order Freelancing University University today and you get an incredibly valuable FREE Bonus Gift, 10 Steps to Freelance Success (list price: $49).
Professionally recorded live at a meeting of SWAN (Self Employed Writers and Artists Network of NJ), this 90-minute mini-seminar is yours free on 2 bonus CDs.
In 10 Steps to Freelance Success, I share with you the 10 most important things I’ve learned about making a six-figure freelance income.
- The "Sales Lead Machine" that generates more leads that you can ever hope to handle.
- How to make sure the prospect can afford your fee – before you give him your price quote.
- Dominate a niche market that most of your competitors don’t even know about – with virtually ZERO competition!
- Why all potential clients are NOT the same – and how to use the "diamond, gold, silver, copper" rating system to determine the appropriate level of follow-up for each.
- Establish your reputation as a leading expert in your field ... even if you’re really not.
- How to save time, eliminate FedEx bills, and close more sales with "instant online inquiry fulfillment" on your Web site.
- The FIT formula for choosing clients you will enjoy working for and have a profitable long-term relationship with ... and avoiding clients you won’t like and who will give you grief.
- And much, much more.
This 2-CD set retails for $49. But it’s yours FREE when you order Freelancing University on a 90-day risk-free trial basis today.
To order Bob Bly’s Freelancing University ... and get your FREE Bonus CDs ... just click below now: